Winfield Scott planted olive trees on Second Street in 1896. Scott founded an area of Scottsdale which was originally named Orangedale. A Rhode Island Banker named Albert G. Utley originally started developing Orangedale with William J Murphy. Utley gave directions to his area development (around present Scottsdale Road and Indian School Road) referring to Scott's citrus groves (which were close in proximity). The local paper (Arizona Republican - today's Arizona Republic) referred to Orangedale as Scottsdale in error. This gave huge publicity to the area! Utley eventually amended his original Orangedale to Scottsdale with the County Recorder.
Scottsdale (North) Properties
The ARMLS Logo indicates a property listed by a real estate brokerage other than ours.
© 2020 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing Information Current As Of Jun 3, 2020 5:48:pm